Monday, February 8, 2010

Hello and Welcome!

This is my first experience as a 'blogger,' but I am looking forward to this experience and I am also curious about this site. I am a first year teacher in a 5th grade classroom in a very diverse classroom. I have a very unique and wonderful classroom and I have already had great experiences and many challenges. I cannot imagine being in any other profession and I can honestly say: I LOVE MY JOB! I am also the team leader for my PLC and this has been a challenge this year. I am dealing with the pressure of being a first year teacher in a Corrective 2 school and trying to lead teachers that have been in the profession for 15 plus years. I am honored to have the title, but it is very stressful. I also coach softball and am currently working at Hungry Howies part-time. I enjoy challenges and I am so thankful for the opportunity and the experience of being able to work in a diverse school. There are a lot of challenges and obstacles, but I could not see myself working in any other school. I look forward to all of the discussions and opinions from this course. I look forward to this experience and I know that I am going to learn a lot from our discussions and 'blogs.'

2 comments:

  1. Wow! It sounds like you have a full plate...good for you! Like you, this is my first time blogging, and like you, I LOVE my job! Not many people can say that, huh! Yay for us!

    I am sure helping teachers with data and testing in a Correct 2 school can be challenging, but hopefully it all pays off. I am sure the teachers appreciate your guidance, and I am sure you will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have PLCs at our school too. They are very helpful.

    ReplyDelete