Thursday, March 4, 2010

Class Size Reduction...is it really worth it?

When I would hear anything about classroom reductions, I was always for it! I thought that it would be great because I would be able to provide my students with an engaging lesson that would be more personalized for each student. I would also be able to help motivate each student we would be able to accomplish more! This all sounded so wonderful, until now...

After having our meeting about 'budgets' it seems as though this will be more harmful to our school then beneficial. The smaller classrooms would be great, but where will the money that we need for the teachers, classrooms, and resources come from? The schools are then going to have to change the CRT's, Curriculum Specialists, administrators, and other personel into teacher positions. When do we put the focus on our education and our future, instead of millions going to athletes or other funds. The budges is very complicated and the focus does not seem to be the best for our students. I am not fully aware of how the budget works or this situation, this is what I have heard and I was curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment